Chesapeake Voyagers, Inc.
Administrative Support Specialist
20 hours per week
Job Purpose: Maintains operations of Wellness & Recovery Center
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and enter data electronically. Develop and maintain database of participants, professionals, vendors, etc.
- Forward information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information. Communication by email, fax, phone, snail mail, texting.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to others.
- Maintain equipment by scheduling maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation.
- Assist participants in person or by phone by greeting those who attend center and answering questions and/or referring them to the appropriate resource(s).
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly calendars, newsletters and special event flyers and distribute by mail and email. Update and maintain website, Google, Facebook and any other online resource with current and accurate information.
- Stay informed of Peer Support/Wellness & Recovery/Behavioral Health knowledge by participating in educational opportunities/trainings/meetings.
- Enhance organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Understanding of Behavioral Health Services
- Dependability, Attention to Detail, Very Organized
- High level of experience in general office duties (At least two years of experience working in an office setting)
- Proficient Computer skills and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet (Social Media, Constant Contact, etc.)
- Scheduling Meetings & Event Planning
- Documentation and Writing Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of our team
- Effective Communication skills (in person, by phone, text and email)
- Remarkable Time Management and Problem Solving Skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nonprofit organizations.
We are a peer run organization. This means all of our employees are those who have “lived experience”. Lived experience means someone who has lived with mental health and/or substance use challenges. Having all of our employees as peers helps us to build understanding, reduce stigma and discrimination. For more information about what this means, review our website www.chesapeakevoyagers.org
Pay rate for this position is $13-$15 per hour depending on skills and experience
If interested, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com